Chinn-Scott Chapel United Methodist
Pointe Coupee parish Louisiana | c. 1890
According to church archives, this building began as Chinn Chapel African Methodist Episcopal. It's cornerstone denotes the building date of 1890 although the land wasn't officially signed over to the church until 1903. At that time, the Platt Family carved half an acre from their plantation and sold it to the church in for $100.
Sometime later, it was renamed Scott Chapel and served for a brief time as one of the first public school for local area children.
The church was discontinued in 2015.